Are you starting to play more darts and want an app to make it easier to score your darts game at home or at the bar? We have you covered – we are reviewing the best apps to make things easier for you and help you have more fun while playing.
Usually after people play for fun, they learn learn how to score darts and then they start playing more and becoming more serious. Sound familiar?
Most people love darts, especially after a few pints of beer. But when you start playing an actual scoring round, things get a bit more difficult. If you are a newbie or novice and playing a round and trying to keep track of store, it’s quite difficult for a newbie/novice player. You can always ask the person who is the scorer what is remaining, but trust me they will get annoyed really quickly with you if you do this after many shots. So it is good to learn to keep track yourself and using an app is a great and fun way to learn scoring and also help you with your strategy during the game.
The good thing is that there are many mobile apps you can download to your phone for free and start learning how to score darts. I wanted to review a few of the best apps to share the knowledge with our dart community. I like a lot of the sports and games we talk about on this website, but have to be honest, I’m very much a darts beginner!
Note: we use iPhones so these are the best iOS apps out there – all of them will work on an iPhone or an iPad.
Table of Contents
Simple Darts Scoreboard
Simple Darts Scoreboard is a free and simple scorekeeper app for Cricket and x01 matches. It is easy to keep score so you can focus on your match.
This app is our top pick for most people – download and try this one first.
Each game mode supports 2-4 players and also includes an undo action, so you can undo a score mistake
It will automatically save the progress of your match so you can come back to refer to them later if you want to review to improve your game.
A few specific features:
- x01 game mode: lets you select between 301, 401, 501, 601, 701, 801, and 901 starting points. It also includes options for double opt in/double out
- you can use a long press for easier double and triple scoring
- it shows suggested outs
- keep track of your 3 dart average
- keep track of sets and legs
DartCounter claims they are the world’s “biggest darts scorer app for keeping track of all your scores.”
Their app supports X01 Games, Bob’s 27, Cricket and also several other training games.
They do offer a paid upgrade option which is an annual subscription to DartCounter Pro. This app upgrade is only $4.49 per year so it’s very inexpensive.
One downside to this app is that you need to enter the total of the 3 darts you throw and not each show individually, so it may provide you with less insights while you are playing.
Dart Scorer Cricket and X01
If you are playing at home in your own basement or game room, this may be the best option! Why? Because it offers a very unique and awesome feature. You can use AirPlay and an Apple TV to project a completely custom score board onto the TV for all players to follow along with the game score and stats.
Super cool, feature, eh?
And note, this screen is different from what you see on your iPhone when you enter the scoring. So the cool thing is it will make your game instantly more professional.
Overall, you can use the app for scoring Cricket, X01, Around the clock and Shanghai game scores. You can play with 2, 3, or 4 players. Or you can play against their own Score Bot AI (artificial intelligence) to perfect and improve your dart throwing skills.
- Up to 4 players in standard cricket, cut-throat and no points modes
- Play single player Cricket against their dart throwing AI (ScoreBot) with easy, medium and hard difficulty levels
- Stats for marks per round saved – for each match, and every player!
- Up to 4 players in x01 with 101, 301, 501, 701, 901 and 1001 modes
- You can play single player x01 against their dart throwing AI (Score Bot) with easy, medium and hard difficulty levels
- First Throw: Straight in, Double In or Triple in
- Close Out: Straight Out, Double Out or Triple Out
- Scoring suggestions appear directly on the on screen dart board – recommended target will appear in bright green (very useful, especially after a few pints!)
Around The Clock:
- Up to 4 players
- Custom option to end on 20, or on Bullseye
- Up to 4 players
- Play 7, 10, 15 or 20 round Shanghai
Overall Game Features:
- Save matches and game history with support for multiple games in progress
- Intuitive scoring system – with 3D Touch support (for a simple user interface)
- Detailed match history allows you to transfer games to league scoresheets
- x01 Score Assistant helps you decide where to aim
Dart Meister is another highly rated darts score keeping app developed by Tractable Labs.
Dart Meister takes the hassle and headache out of scoring darts – and also helps beginners (like some of us!) learn how to play darts!
For example, they have a throw input system that gives you more detailed guidance on where to throw to score. This feature is incredibly helpful for beginners!
This app works well to score Cricket, x01 and Shanghai games with up to 8 players or teams.
Dart Meister App Highlights:
- Score Cricket, x01 and Shanghai games
- Players – up to 8 players or teams
- They claim it is the best throw entry system available
- Advanced throw correction + round editing
- Highlight were to throw and score
- Fun sounds and achievement animations
- Premium features (with in-app purchase)
- Advanced Personal Statistics
- Comprehensive saved game history
- Standard, cut-throat, or no points
- Starting score: 101 to 5001
- Double in or Straight in
- Double out or Straight out
- Novice or expert check out advice
- Starting number: 1 to 20
- Number of rounds: 1 to 21
- Double or triple out
Dart Scoring App Review Summary
We have reviewed the top free options of the best darts scoring apps that are available on the market as of 2021. It is important to note that there are always need apps coming onto the market too.
The great thing about all of these apps is that the basic version is free. We would recommend downloading the free version of the ones that sound the best to you and trying each one out while you play. The only real way to tell if you will like the app is to try it out and see if it makes sense for how you play darts. The worst case is that you don’t like the app and delete it from your phone.
Just the fact you are using an app, in our experience, tends to focus your game a bit and will likely help you improve.
If you want to improve your dart game the fastest and also learn scoring the fastest, the best option is to buy an electronic dartboard or learn dart finish tables.
If you need some new darts, be sure to read our Review of Best Darts.
If you need a new dart cabinet, see our Review of the Best Dart Board Cabinets
Or if you need a new dart board, see Review of the Best Dart Boards
I’m Lia and I love playing games. I started this site to share things with friends and they encouraged me to post more and now I’m trying to share things with the world – indoor and outdoor sports, and board and bar games. I write about things like Bocce, Croquet, Billiards, Darts and other fun ways to enjoy time with your friends and family!