Are you looking for ways to make your house more interesting so that visitors visit and do not want to leave? Apparently, an air hockey table will not only be an attraction to the visitors but to your homies and family as well. In fact, you yourself will love and like your home better with an air hockey table in it. Apart from these reasons, you might want an air hockey table because you are really passionate about this game. Contrary to past (read primitive) times, there are a lot of types of air hockey tables available out there that are not tournament grade and only suitable for arcades or pubs.
So, air hockey is a new sport that can fill up your leisure time with friends and family with strategy, wit, and reflexive practice and show-offs. There are many suitable sized and priced ones available that you can take home for your personal use. However, now there are so many available that you will get confused about which to choose and choosing the wrong one will definitely diminish all your excitement once you play on it or bring it home. So, in order to have a clear idea about what to look for, you can check our buying guide for the best air hockey table and the reviews of the best available out.
Table of Contents
- Best Air Hockey Tables on the Market
- Reviews of the Best Air Hockey Tables
- 1. Gold Standard Air Hockey Table Review
- 2. Atomic Air Hockey Table Review
- 3. Viper Air Hockey Table Review
- 4. Triumph Air Hockey Table Review
- 5. American Heritage Air Hockey Table Reviews
- 6. American Heritage Monarch Air Hockey Table Review
- 7. Atomic Blazer Air Hockey Table Review
- 8. Brunswick Air Hockey Table Review
- 9. Harvil Air Hockey Table Review
- 10. Carmelli Air Hockey Table Review
- 11. Espn Air Hockey Table Review
- 12. Hathaway Enforcer Air Hockey Table Review
- 13. Triumph Fire And Ice Air Hockey Table Review
- 14. Triumph Defense Air Hockey Table Review
- 15. Westminster Air Hockey Table Review
- Buying Guide for the Best Air Hockey Table
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Air Hockey Tables on the Market
Reviews of the Best Air Hockey Tables
1. Gold Standard Air Hockey Table ReviewThe champions definitely know their tables and game well and the Gold Standard Air Hockey table is designed by champions. So, you can expect perfection from the design. The first thing you might notice when you open the box is that this table is really heavy. So, you might need a hand or two to take it out but the assembling process is super easy after that. Once you set the table, the weight will act in your favor combined with the sturdy legs to provide you with a very stable table to play on. In fact, there is no chance of the table moving while you play aggressively.
While the pucks are of good quality, they tend to make a lot of sounds which might end up giving you a headache. The solid aluminum rails are of good quality and provide a nice bounce. Furthermore, the fans provide air to the laminated surface uniformly and sufficiently. The scoreboard has LED lights involved and will really help you keep score as long as it works because a few customers complained that the scoreboard did not work.
Although a bit expensive, this table is a good quality and efficient one to buy as long as you do not receive a defected product. It is great for both beginner and intermediate level players as it helps to build skills.
- Easy to assemble.
- Stable and sturdy.
- Good and fast playing surface.
- High-quality functional rails.
- Efficient scoreboard.
- Good pucks.
- Makes a lot of noise.
- Heavy to carry.
- The scoreboard does not always work.
2. Atomic Air Hockey Table Review If you want your kid to enjoy with his friend as if in an arcade then this Atomic Air Hockey table would be a great choice for you. Apparently, this table is a very lively one and it will keep its players in good spirits. Firstly, the playing surface is illuminated by LED lights of different colors that change colors when a player scores. This allows the kids to play in the dark while having a clear view of what they are doing. Furthermore, to get the players recharged, this table also has a sound system that can plat tempo music and keep score. The scoreboard is good too but tends to malfunction a lot.
Apart from that, you will find that the table is really heavy. While it is easy to assemble, you will need help to move it. However, the table has really sturdy and strong legs that keep it stable when players unleash their skills on it. The air flow is uniform and good as long as it works as a few customers complained that it did not even work. Apparently, the pucks included with it are not that great and will break over time. The table is also not durable or strong enough to stand rough use or strength of other players than kids.
- The well-lit surface that brings the mood.
- Score tracking and musical sounds.
- Fast and well-ventilated playing surface.
- Easy to assemble.
- Very stable and sturdy.
- Creates an arcade-like environment.
- No pucks will ever fly out of the table.
- The scoreboard may not work.
- The pucks are not of good quality.
- The table is not durable for all players.
3. Viper Air Hockey Table ReviewKids and adults together can play on the Viper Air Hockey Table and form unbreakable bonds by making each other lose. The table looks like an ice-hockey rink with its white color and this makes seeing each of the moves clearly. Apparently, the surface with its airflow will provide a decently moderate speed. The pucks, however, will tend to fly off the table a few times but that is not a very big issue because it will mostly be due to the style of playing. One disturbing issue might be that the surface table despite its finish tends to get scratches. This will affect the playing quality, unfortunately. Apart from that, this probably is not very durable as many customers complained about its parts breaking and other stuff.
The heavy weight of the table keeps it stable but does require two people to flip it after assembly. Apparently, the assembly is quite easy except when you are assembling the legs. The legs are not the best and they do not have a uniform surface for standing either. Apart from that, the scoreboard can both keep score and keep time. But, it does tend to malfunction or not work often.
- Great visibility.
- Heavy and thus, stable.
- Sufficient airflow on the surface.
- Moderately fast speed.
- Good quality pusher.
- Not very durable.
- Surface tends to get scratches easily.
- Legs are not the best.
4. Triumph Air Hockey Table ReviewWith the Triumph air hockey table, you, your friends and the kids will definitely enjoy playing air hockey and love it even more. Apparently, this is another table that with its lively design cheers up anyone who is playing on it. In fact, it has LED lights in its rails that can be turned off if you wish to. Moreover, it is also capable of providing in-game music. But, if both get irritating, you can turn both off. The surface is great with a fan that has two motors creating the friction-resistance it needs. Although the fan does provide ample air, it does not do so uniformly throughout the surface. You might find that the corners are not with the same intense friction-resistance as the center is.
The table itself is quite easy to install. You will like the quality of the product as it is very durable. Kids can exert all their extra energy on it and it won’t even move. It is that stable. However, it does not come with an on/off switch as it should to make it safer for kids. Apart from that, the pucks seem to fly off too. Although one of the pucks has lights in it, they turn off randomly.
For the price, this is a great quality table but you just have to consider giving up a few of the extra features it offers.
- LED lights and sound make it more attractive.
- Good quality build.
- Sturdy and stable.
- Easy to install.
- Very durable.
- Good air flow.
- Reasonably priced.
- Pucks may fly off.
- No on/off switch for the fans.
- No uniform airflow throughout.
5. American Heritage Air Hockey Table ReviewsThe American Heritage Air Hockey table somewhat looks a bit different from other such tables because of its starburst darker design. The problem with this design may as well be the color as the darker surface may make it harder to keep track of each move and technique. Apart from that, the table has a very strong build. It stays strong through kids tormenting it with their crazy fun and games. In fact, it stays in place and stable. The strong aluminum rails give a nice bounce to those pucks moving to the corners.
Apparently, it has a nice and uniform air flow throughout its surface. It comes with a manual scoreboard though. Considering its price, an automatic scoreboard would have been better. While the quality and play-ability of this table are great, it lacks in other aspects like electronic features. So, if you are alright with the less automatic features and the quality, this is a great choice for family game rooms.
- Very good quality build.
- Easy to assemble.
- Good and fast playing surface.
- Reasonably priced.
- Reduced fly-offs of pucks.
- There could be more features included for the price.
6. American Heritage Monarch Air Hockey Table ReviewThe American Heritage Monarch can be considered one of the best tables for what it offers at its price. It is a great choice for amateurs who play regularly. Apparently, this table is regulation-sized and weighs a lot as well. Therefore, getting it in the house and setting it up will require some effort. However, installing it once it is in place is very easy. The table is very sturdy and durable as you would expect from the weight and quality of its build.
Apparently, the fans provide enough air flow to the playing surface but there are still a few mild dead spots. In fact, this table will definitely increase the beauty of the room it is in with its starburst designed surface. The color, unlike our previous table, is lighter so you won’t find visibility a problem either. It not only features an arch scorer but also two manual scorers. So, if there are a variety of people playing, they can keep score any way they want to.
- Regulation-sized high-quality table.
- Easy to assemble.
- Very durable.
- Offers a good, fast playing surface.
- Allows players to keep score in whichever way they prefer.
- Best for the price.
- Very heavy to carry.
7. Atomic Blazer Air Hockey Table ReviewIf you want an air hockey table that is suitable for every member of your family, from kids to grandparents, then this is the one you should be looking at it. Apparently, it has a different design than other tables on its sides. It features overhang rails with metal strips on it to provide a good bounce to the pucks when needed. However, the pucks included with it may be too light and just because of its own weight may fly off too easily.
The quality of the build of this table is really good and the legs are very strong with levelers to provide you with a stable playing surface. Although the air flow is good enough, there may be a few dead spots at a few places. Setting it up is easy and checking the score in the rails integrated electronic display is super easy for even kids. However, the scorer does not always record score accurately and may be too sensitive to motions. It is, overall, a great hockey table for the price but you could use some more features too and a surface that does not form marks too.
- High quality build.
- Good air flow.
- Rails are very efficient in bouncing the pucks back.
- Stable thanks to the leg levelers.
- Convenient in-rail score display.
- The surface may have dead spots and may form marks too easily.
- The pucks are too light.
- Scorer may be inefficient.
8. Brunswick Air Hockey Table ReviewThe Brunswick air hockey table is one that will revolutionize your future weekend gatherings and children’s playtime. It is a great choice for a home’s heavy use. Firstly, you will really enjoy the quality and durability of this table. It is really strong and sturdy against what your kids or friends might put it through. Furthermore, it has pedestal legs which are great for keeping stable so it won’t move when you apply pressure on it. However, you might receive a damaged table as many complained of getting ones with scratches or dents. Apart from that, setting it up is super easy and does not require much. It is 7 feet so you can adjust it in the house easily and practice on a more or less regulation-sized table.
One thing you need to keep in mind is that setting it up requires two people for its heavyweight. This same weight helps to make it even more stable. It has a very fast playing area that does not have any dead spots. The blower works really well and supplies sufficient air. Finally, you get to keep score with the dual abacus scorers.
- Good quality builds.
- Sturdy and stable thanks to the legs.
- Easy to assemble.
- Fast surface.
- Good quality pucks.
- Capable of handling the casual abuse by kids and friends.
- Heavy for one person.
- Might arrive damaged.
9. Harvil Air Hockey Table ReviewThe Harvil air hockey table is an excellent choice for kids and you will get its vibe the moment you land your eyes on it. In fact, it has a very lively color combination which makes it look even more suitable for kids. The size is not full size and that is why you can place it at any corner of your house. However, the size does not seem like it would fit teenagers. Apart from that, the table is very affordable and it has a very powerful blower motor working on it. So, you will enjoy a fast playing surface with almost no dead spots. Furthermore, the goals are made wider so that your pucks get in easily.
Although it features a nice electronic scorer, you have to buy separate batteries to run it. Moreover, a number of people complained about the scorer not working properly and malfunctioning when it finally does. One good thing about the company is that it assures you a replacement or replacement parts if you receive the product with any defects. The set includes the pucks and scorer but they may seem a bit small.
- Excellent choice for kids.
- Great color combination and design.
- Lightweight and easy to assemble.
- Good size.
- Fast, well-blown playing surface with no dead spots.
- Electronic scorer is inefficient and inconvenient.
- The pucks and scorer may be a bit too small.
10. Carmelli Air Hockey Table ReviewIf you want to play at home in an arcade-like style then this affordable Carmelli Air Hockey table would be a good choice. Apparently, you will find it best for you if you all play occasionally and are not too hard on it. The table does have high quality builds but it might still not be able to take too much pressure. It is smaller in size than full-sized tables so it is not at all for those who want to train like a professional. However, the smaller size makes it easy to place and transport. Assembling it is super easy as well.
The electric blower performs moderately well giving you a fast surface to play on. However, it might malfunction at times. The included pusher might be too small for people with bigger hands. Apart from that, the electric scorer and power switch could be placed more conveniently. The electronic scorer does not work that well either. Overall, it is a good quality table at an affordable price with a few minor drawbacks for kids.
- Good for occasional casual games.
- Made of good quality materials.
- Legs and levelers make it stable.
- Easy to assemble.
- Fast surface.
- Quite affordable.
- The electronic scorer is not placed nicely and does not work well.
- Quite small and the pusher is small as well.
11. Espn Air Hockey Table ReviewIf you are looking for the cheapest air hockey table of a decent quality then this is what you were looking for. However, it provides you with a quality you should expect from the price. While the build quality and materials used is good enough, the design might not be the best. The table is a good site to look at and play on. However, the surface will probably not be as fast as you want it to be at various spots. Firstly the air blower might not supply ample air and secondly, there will be dead spots.
The pucks are included but they are very thin so that will cause a number of problems when you play. Moreover, it might even get stuck in the seam between the side walls and the table’s opening. Apart from that, the included scorer is way too sensitive and tends to record more score than the actual. So, you get the idea, this table will let you play but it won’t be the best experience.
- The affordable price.
- Quality of the build.
- Size and weight.
- Easy assembly.
- Not the best air blower.
- Dead spots.
- Thin pucks.
- The electronic scorer is too sensitive.
12. Hathaway Enforcer Air Hockey Table ReviewIf you are looking for an air hockey table just for casual time pass with your kids then the Hathaway Enforcer is a great cheap option to have. At its price point, you cannot expect much but something like a toy. But, this one is quite good and generous in terms of what it offers and will allow your kids and even the adults at times to play satisfyingly. Firstly, it is definitely not full-size but has a decent size suitable for both kids and for parents to join in. The quality of whatever and how much it provides is good.
Apparently, the air blower, however, can blow air but not uniformly or hard enough. You will find many dead spots on it too. But, the table is quite light and easy to assemble. Furthermore, it is quite stable thanks to the leg levelers. You get one manual and one electric scorer with it so if the electric malfunctions, you can use the manual one.
- An affordable choice for kids.
- Bright and glossy surface.
- Good size for the price.
- Dual scorer.
- Adults can join too.
- Good quality.
- Dead spots.
- Irregular air flow.
13. Triumph Fire And Ice Air Hockey Table ReviewLooking for something that will light up the dark and create a whole new competitive environment? The Triumphs Fire and Ice air hockey table is a great table for teenagers and is amazingly affordable as well. In fact, you will love the bigger size for the price. Furthermore, it is well-built and will stay very stable and sturdy throughout the games. You will be able to play on it for a very long time. The LED lights in the table rails give it a great look.
However, with a cheap price comes to a few lackings as well. You won’t like the air blower much because it seems to supply less air and also creates a number of dead spots. The pucks are way too light than necessary. However, the LED lights in them may stop working too soon.
- Great looks with the LED lights and colors.
- Sturdy builds.
- Very affordable.
- Generous size for teenagers and youth.
- Insufficient air flow.
- LED lights may stop working.
- Light puck.
14. Triumph Defense Air Hockey Table ReviewIs space a big concern for you and you need a table that will fit? The Triumph Defence is manufactured in a way to provide you with both compactness and playability. While it is compact, it is not the best in terms of playability. But, for the price, it is more than what anyone would expect. Apparently, it is suitable for both kids and adults who like to play with kids. However, it is best for kids and mild play as it is might appear to be quite flimsy.
The air blower is not good enough as it does not produce ample air but somewhat does the job. Moreover, the walls seem to be so small that pucks fly-off way to easily. Apart from that, you have LED electronic and abacus scoring system that performs moderately but may malfunction. It is great for those who are not serious about it.
- Compact build suitable for small spaces.
- Cheap price.
- Scoring system is good.
- Good for kids.
- Insufficient air flow.
- Walls are too low.
15. Westminster Air Hockey Table ReviewAlthough this may be advertised as a “tournament-grade air hockey table”, it is not. Apparently, this is a table great for keeping at home for parents to play with their children. The design of the legs make it strong and durable enough but leaning against it (even if they are kids) will reduce its stability and durability. While the table surface itself is great, the air blower is not. Apparently, the air blower seems to provide enough air.
Apart from that, the size you get is quite good for the price. However, the table does lack any other feature like an electronic scorer. Furthermore, you have to directly plug it in to play, there is no power switch on it. This is really unsafe for children and weird as this table is made for kids.
- Strong and durable.
- Good size.
- The air blower works.
- No added features like no scorer.
- The absence of a power button.
- May arrive damaged.
Buying Guide for the Best Air Hockey Table
Unless you have the luck of an angel, you will end up with a table that is not suitable for you if you do not consider some of the most important features of an air hockey table. You must consider the following:
1. Your goals and skills
Why do you want an air hockey table for your home? Is it for recreation or are you very serious about building air hockey skills? Depending on the answer to these questions, the specifications of the table you want will vary. For example, the prices and sizes will vary based on what your goals and skills needed from the table. For example, you will prefer a regulation-sized table if you want to play professional tournaments on it.
2. The size of the Table: Which fits your needs?
You are super excited about the amazing air hockey table you bought, you bring it home just to find out it does not fit in the space or worse, you have no idea how to get it in the place. Therefore, size is an important consideration. In fact, the regulation-sized tables must be eight feet long. That’s not where it stops though. You need space for the players to play on the table. Therefore, in general, a regulation-sized table will require a space of dimensions 10 feet by 7 feet.
However, if that was the only size air hockey tables were available in, we would not have included this point. Apparently, you can find air hockey tables with lengths ranging from 4 feet to 8 feet. So, consider where you want to keep the first and also who will be playing.
You do not need a large table if it is only the kids or you and your friends who will be playing. However, if you want to practice for tournaments, it is better to change the placement location rather than the size.
3. Style of the Table: With or Without legs?
If you do not want to play the game at one specific location only, you will need a table-top (without legs) model of an air hockey table. This is because the table top models are meant to be kept on the top of another table to be played on. So, you will have to carry and move it anyway to play on it and therefore, it is quite portable to be taken anywhere even outdoors.
This is even more suitable for kids with varying heights. Just find a table that is suitable for them, place the hockey table on it and voila! The table is ready for them to be played on. Apart from that, these tables should cost less as they use fewer materials.
Now, if you want a traditional, adult-ish, stable table then you can opt for the ones with legs. However, with these, you have to make sure the legs are leveled and won’t wobble when you play aggressively.
4. The Built-in Fans and What Powers them
You can see ‘air’ in its name and missing this feature will be one of the biggest mistakes. Apparently, as you may already know, air hockey tables have a playing surface with many small holes. These holes are not there for decoration obviously but for a very important purpose (a purpose that gives the game its name). In fact, these holes are there to reduce the friction between the surface and the pucks and mallets. Moreover, these small holes do not just exist but blow air outside to keep the contact between the surface and the pucks less.
Now, have you ever seen a table that blows air? Possibly no. So, this table would not have either except that it has electrically powered fans installed underneath the surface and the perforations.
Now there are three things you need to consider in this case.
Firstly, do you want to carry the table outside or are you alright with it being attached to a power socket? If you choose an electrically powered table then you will have to keep it plugged into a corner of the house to play on it. On the other hand, the ones powered by batteries will save you from the confinement and let you carry the table anywhere to play on it.
Secondly, are the fans of good-quality and fully functional? If the fan does not blow ample air onto the surface then the game will not be what it should be. Therefore, take careful notice of how well the fans work.
Third and finally, do the fans blow throughout the surface uniformly? You do not want smooth play in few spots and high friction in others. So, make sure the air is spread throughout the table uniformly.
5. Small or large pucks?
Now, pucks are those things that will most probably be included as accessories in the air hocket table package that you use to score. In fact, these are those playing components that you throw at the goal. They are like the footballs of a football match. Now, how do their size matter?
Apparently, adults and professional-grade players use standard or largely sized pucks. Smaller pucks are for very casual plays and other than that for kids.
If you see small pucks with a table then you should know that the fans of that tables are not very powerful. Because they are designed for the smaller pucks that weigh less. On the other hand, it is best to buy the larger pucks as they are of high quality and suitable for players of any age. Furthermore, the fans in tables with larger pucks are more powerful as well.
6. Scoreboard or not: Digital or manual?
Each of the players playing will generally score 8-10 goals and it gets hard to keep count while playing. Therefore, you should check if the table comes with a scoreboard or not. If it does then you have to check what kind of scoreboard does it provide you with? Is it the digital one that automatically keeps count of goals and game? Or, is the manual one that requires you to change the score each time one is scored.
Manually keeping track of scores won’t cause any problems. But, when the scoreboard is digital, you have more concerns other than accurate scoring. You have to check that the scoreboard has a long battery life and won’t malfunction easily.
7. The Build
You and your game partners will be applying a lot of pressure on the air hockey table. Do you want to break it? No one does. In fact, nobody wants it to wobbles either. These factors depend on the build of the table. You want a strongly built sturdy table that will be durable and strong enough to handle what you torture it with.
Moreover, the playing surface should be flawless and smooth. There should be no dents or any other dead spots on it.
The rails of an air hockey table suffer the most when you play. You apparently need a nice and sturdy bounce from it while you play. In order that these rails do not give in to the extra pressure applied to them, you should see the quality of the material they are made of. Apparently, you should choose solid aluminum rails over thin laminated aluminum rails.
8. The Price
While until very recently only high-grade, tournament-standard, expensive air hockey tables were available, now, cheaper, recreational tables exist. The price is directly proportional to the quality you want from the table. Apparently, the more quality you want, the more you have to pay. Depending on your skill level, however, you won’t need all the great features that a table wants. Therefore, you can go for cheaper models that offer you quality in what you need and may fall back at what you don’t.
You can find many air hockey tables that cost much less than what they offer.
Benefits of buying the Best Quality Air Hockey Table
You have more to win than lose from buying an air hockey table. What you gain are:
- Time away from anything harmful: You might love this game so much that other addictions like video games that hurt your eyes, or worse, drugs, will seem less attractive.
- Skill Buildup: Air hockey will need you to be witty, strategic, aware and reflexive. So, this will definitely increase your reflexive as well as strategic skills.
- Bond buildup: You may not find anything to talk about to a family member or your kid. But, this game will definitely bring you guys together and give you a fun time. It might be the only thing the other person misses doing with you if there is not anything else.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do air hockey tables need maintenance?
Answer: Definitely, they do! Apparently, the more you take care of it, the better its performance will be. Make sure you clean the table’s surface from time to time to improve its functionality. You can do it with a cloth or sandpaper.
Furthermore, you can take care of the puck and make it better by cleaning or sharpening it with sandpaper.
When it comes to sports, you will find that even the same equipment from the same brand does not feel as familiar like the same as you once had. And, this highly affects your playing skills. You need to feel like you are in control when you play. Therefore, choosing sports equipment is not easy. There is quality to consider, obviously, but there are other features and your own compatibility to consider as well. When all these different things make a perfect combination for you only then you will find the best air hockey table for yourself and make yourself better. Therefore, with all your knowledge, search for the most compatible table for yourself.